The #mobitopia bot
The latest version of mobibot is always available via GitHub.
mobibot is making extensive use of various open source libraries, including:
- Apache Commons Net
- OWM JAPIs
- Pinboard Poster
Other features include:
- Displaying the latest entries on Mobitopia
- Performing calculations
mobibot: calc (floor(sqrt(3)) + π) * 3^2
- Crypto currencies prices
mobibot: cryto btc
mobibot: cryto eth eur
- Converting between currencies using the ExchangeRate-API
mobibot: currency 17.54 USD to EUR
- Performing Google searches
mobibot: google mobitopia on irc
- Getting answers from Wolfram Alpha and ChatGPT
mobibot: wolfram days until christmas
mobibot: chatgpt explain quantum computing in simple terms
- Displaying weather information
mobibot: weather san francisco
mobibot: weather 94123
mobibot: weather tokyo, jp
- Performing DNS lookups
mobibot: lookup www.apple.com
- Retrieving stock quotes from Alpha Avantage
mobibot: stock GOOG
mobibot: stock google
- Displaying the time in various time zones
mobibot: time UK
mobibot: time GMT
- Sending messages to people on join/activity
mobibot: tell nickname Give me a call when you see this.
- Recapping public channel messages
/msg mobibot recap
- Listing the users on the channel
/msg mobibot users
- Viewing when a nickname was last seen
/msg mobibot seen nickname
- Random jokes from Sv443's JokeAPI
- Playing dice, war or rock paper scissors
- Automatic and manual posting to Mastodon
mobibot: toot hello mastodon
Some of the internal features include RSS feed backlogs, rolling logs, debugging toggle and much more.
If you have any feature suggestions, please post them to the mobibot wiki.
To use mobibot, simply join #mobitopia on irc.libera.chat and type:
mobibot will reply with a listing of the commands currently supported.
There are various open source licenses attached to mobibot. Please refer to the licenses directory in the source tree for more details.